Call for Papers and Presentations
SwissText is an annual conference that brings together text analytics experts from industry and academia. The conference is held on June 12-13, 2018 in Winterthur, Switzerland, which is a short train ride (20min) from Zurich.
The conference will have two tracks:
Swiss Track, with a strong focus on Swiss industry and research. This track constitues the continuation of last years conference setting.
- Scientific Track, with technical research papers from the international community.
Scientific papers and abstracts of the industrial presentations will be published in the conference proceedings.
The goal of the Swiss Track is to bring together experts from Swiss industry and academia. For this track, we are looking for presentations with a certain "Swissness" factor:
- Your company or university is located in Switzerland;
- You provide a text analytics solution for one (or more) of the languages of Switzerland (including Swiss dialects);
- Your product focuses primarily on the Swiss market;
- Or any other factor that connects your presentation to Switzerland.
Presentations can be:
- Research results
- Or any other contribution that is interesting to the audience.
In this track, we also welcome scientific contributions that were already published in other conferences or journals - as long as they have a Swissness factor.
For this track, only a short abstract (up to 1500 characters) has to be submitted, along with a CV of the presenter (max 500 chars) and the intended audience (e.g. developers, decision makers, project managers, max. 300 chars). All data is entered online via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swisstext2018.
Note: If you intend to publish a full scientific paper with a Swiss-related topic, please submit it to the Scientific Track.
SwissText has the goal to feature a profound technical program. We invite submissions of scientific papers in all areas in the fields of Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computational Linguistics (CL), and Machine Learning/Data Science with a focus on Text Analytics.
Please use the ACL LaTeX template: http://acl2017.org/downloads/acl17-latex.zip.
- Up to 8 pages, excluding references
- Language: English
- Anonymize: The review process will be double blind; we ask authors to anonymize their submission reasonably. Instead of e.g. "We previously showed (Smith, 1991) ...", write "Smith previously showed (Smith, 1991) ..."
- Manuscripts must describe original work that has neither been published before, nor is currently under review elsewhere.
- Submission will be made through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swisstext2018.
All accepted scientific papers will be published in full length in the conference proceedings. For presentations in the Swiss Track, the abstract will be included in the proceedings.
There is no differentiation between oral or poster presentations in the proceedings. The proceedings shall be submitted to CEUR-WS.org for online publication under open access.
To appear in the proceedings, each contribution has to be presented by at least one author at the conference.
Accepted submissions will be presented orally or as posters, as determined by the program committee. All presentations are in English, and will be listed in the conference program booklet.
Submission Deadline: March 2, 2018
- Submission Deadline Extended: March 11, 2018, 23:59 (GMT+1)
- Author Notification: April 16, 2018
- Camera Ready: April 30, 2018
- Conference: June 12-13, 2018