Call for Presentations
SwissText is an annual conference that brings together text analytics experts from industry and academia. The conference is held on June 18-19, 2019 in Winterthur, Switzerland, which is a short train ride (20min) from Zurich.
The conference will have two tracks:
– Swiss Track, with a strong focus on Swiss industry and research.
– Scientific Track, with technical research papers from the international community.
– Demo Track, with hands-on, interactive presentations of current NLP solutions.
The full scientific papers will be published in the conference proceedings, as well as the abstracts of the presentations of the Swiss and the Demo Track.
The goal of the Swiss Track is to bring together experts from Swiss industry and academia. For this track, we are looking for presentations with a certain “Swissness” factor:
– Your company or university is located in Switzerland;
– You provide a text analytics solution for one (or more) of the languages of Switzerland (including Swiss dialects);
– Your product focuses primarily on the Swiss market;
– Or any other factor that connects your presentation to Switzerland.
Presentations can be:
– Research results
– Or any other contribution that is interesting to the audience.
In this track, we also welcome scientific contributions that were already published in other conferences or journals – as long as they have a Swissness factor.
For the Swiss Track, only a short abstract (up to 1500 characters) has to be submitted, along with a CV of the presenter (max 500 chars) and the intended audience (e.g. developers, decision makers, project managers, max. 300 chars). All data is entered online via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swisstext2019
Note: If you intend to publish a novel, fully scientific paper with a Swiss-related topic, please submit it to the Scientific Track. If you would like to present a demo of your solution, please submit to the Demo Track.
SwissText has the goal to feature a profound technical program. We invite submissions of scientific papers in all areas in the fields of Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computational Linguistics (CL), and Machine Learning/Data Science with a focus on Text Analytics.
– Please use the ACL LaTeX template: http://acl2017.org/downloads/acl17-latex.zip
– Up to 8 pages, excluding references
– Language: English
– Anonymize: The review process will be double blind; we ask authors to anonymize their submission reasonably. Instead of e.g. “We previously showed (Smith, 1991) …”, write “Smith previously showed (Smith, 1991) …”
– Manuscripts must describe original work that has neither been published before, nor is currently under review elsewhere.
– Submission will be made through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swisstext2019
For the first time, SwissText will feature a dedicated track for demonstrations of working and available NLP solutions (open source and proprietary). The goal is to give developers, companies, and researchers a platform to showcase their products and tools, and for the audience to get an overview of production-ready NLP solutions.
Please provide a short abstract of your demo (1500 characters) and a description of the intended audience (e.g. developers, researchers, etc., max. 300 chars). All data is entered online via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swisstext2019
All accepted scientific papers will be published in full length in the conference proceedings. For presentations in the Swiss Track, the abstract will be included in the proceedings. There is no differentiation between oral or poster presentations in the proceedings. The proceedings shall be submitted to CEUR-WS.org for online publication under open access. To appear in the proceedings, each contribution has to be presented by at least one author at the conference.
Accepted submissions will be presented orally or as posters, as determined by the program committee. All presentations are in English, and will be listed in the conference program booklet.
– Submission Deadline (extended):
March 3, 2019 March 10, 2019 (AOE – anywhere on Earth)
– Author Notification: April 16, 2019
– Camera Ready: May 3, 2019
– Conference: June 18-19, 2019
Information about the organization can be found here.
The detailed list can be found here.